Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Recovering data from corrupted table. Urgent Help!!
Date
List pgsql-general
ruben wrote:
 > Hi Gaetano:
 >
 > This procedure to recover data from a corrupted table should be
 > documented somewhere... If it is, I could not find it!

First of all the table was not corrupted, the glitch was in another
subsystem.
The procedure is documented in the archives :-(

I agree with you but any cure seems worst then the disease. You have understand
why the file 0004 was not anymore there, did you had a power failure for
example ?

 > Now I wonder if I have lost any data, because after creating the
 > pg_clog/0004 and running VACCUM everything seems ok.

Normally you didn't lost any data.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

PS: I had the same error for the first time in my postgres usage life
only after ( some weeks after ) having upgrade from a 7.4.2 -> 7.4.5