Re: plperl features - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: plperl features
Date
Re: plperl features  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>

>>Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>

>>>We expected this to a degree of course, but if we can get some of
>>>them in, it would be nice for the community
>>>who wants to use plPerl.
>>>

>>On the other hand, it wouldn't be that nice for the community that
>>respects a good freeze.  As you know, there will always be one more
>>feature.
>>
>>Considering that we're already a long time into the beta phase, and
>>we're still working out portability issues especially in the various
>>plug-ins, we really ought to be strict about the freeze in that area if
>>we ever want to get finished.
>>

>Agreed.  This is the downside of being bundled with the server.  Sorry.

Entirely expected (at least by me). I certainly respect a good freeze
(what a nice phrase).

However, there are outstanding patches from Abhijit Menon-Sen that are
genuine bug fixes that need to be queued, reviewed and applied.

cheers

andrew