Re: [Pginstaller-devel] OpenSSL Licence - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: [Pginstaller-devel] OpenSSL Licence
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>Both pgAdmin and the PostgreSQL Win32 Installer include OpenSSL code. I
>note that the licence requires us to note this in various places,
>including all advertising materials.
>
>Clearly we can include the relevant text in the pgAdmin/pginstaller
>docs, but presumably we also need to ensure it is added to all release
>announcements etc?
>
>Regards, Dave
>
> * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
> *    software must display the following acknowledgment:
> *    "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
> *    for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)"

I read it to mean that you should mention that only if you tout the SSL
option of pgAdmin. I hate the advertising clause.

Can we contact them and see if they were part of the group that agreed
to switch to the three points BSD license without the advertising clause?

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.