Re: BUG #1268: Two different Unicode chars are treated as - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kent Tong
Subject Re: BUG #1268: Two different Unicode chars are treated as
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Yes it does, and you missed the point.  I said *locale*, not *encoding*.
> The LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE settings that prevail during initdb are
> fixed and not alterable without re-initdb.  (I agree that this sucks,
> but that's how it is for now...)

You're right. After using:

   initdb --locale zh_TW.utf8 /var/lib/pgsql/data

then it works fine!

Thanks again and sorry about any inconvenience.

--
Kent Tong, Msc, MCSE, SCJP, CCSA, Delphi Certified
Manager of IT Dept, CPTTM