Re: Article about PostgreSQL and RAID in Brazil - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Daniel Ceregatti
Subject Re: Article about PostgreSQL and RAID in Brazil
Date
Re: Article about PostgreSQL and RAID in Brazil
List pgsql-performance
>The first part of the article can be found in
>http://www.sqlmagazine.com.br/colunistas.asp?artigo=Colunistas/RicardoRezende/06_Raid_P1.asp

The site seems to be down. I was looking forward to reading it. :(

>The first and most important step for RAID performance with PostgreSQL is to
>get a card with onboard battery back-up and enable the write cache for the
>card.   You do not want to enable the write cache *without* battery back-up
>because of the risk of data corruption after a power failure.

Here is a small example of the performance difference with write cache:

http://sh.nu/bonnie.txt

--

Daniel Ceregatti - Programmer
Omnis Network, LLC

A little suffering is good for the soul.
        -- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0