Re: x86_64 configure problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: x86_64 configure problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>> What version of python comes with RH2.1?
>
> 1.5.2
>
>> In any case, the online documentation for python suggests that it is
>> reasonable to expect that distutils is already installed (by default
>> for python >= 1.6, and by the user for python 1.5.2). See:
>>   http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/dist/intro.html
>>
>> If there are no other objections, I'll commit the attached in about 24
>> hours.
>
> Are you going also to change the configure so it will check the distutils
> package installation ?

I wasn't going to -- python's own docs say I shouldn't need to. From the
link above:

"the Distutils work just fine with Python 1.5.2, and it is reasonable
(and expected to become commonplace) to expect users of Python 1.5.2 to
download and install the Distutils separately before they can install
your modules"

Joe