Re: psql questions: SQL, progname, copyright dates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: psql questions: SQL, progname, copyright dates
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:

>Ugh. If I want to see the syntax of my functions, I'd be forced to use the
>\df-+ syntax, and I'd argue people spend far more time wanting to see \df+
>output on their own functions than they ever do on system functions.

+1. I suspect Tom's use is pretty atypical. If I want to see a system
function I usually name it. Otherwise I find myself doing \df public.*,
which is usually after I have forgotten that that's what I need to do.

cheers

andrew