Failed assertion, CVS head - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grant Finnemore
Subject Failed assertion, CVS head
Date
Re: Failed assertion, CVS head  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Failed assertion, CVS head  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I am using a version of PostgreSQL compiled from a CVS update of yesterday,
and compiled with  make clean all  make install

One client connection to the database doing routine and low volume population
scripts (using schemas) After several normal runs of the population script, a
run caused the following trap, and an associated backend halt.

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((ntp)->t_data)->t_infomask & 0x0010)", File:
"catcache.c", Line: 1728)

I know this is not a lot of data for a determination of cause, but I have only
had a single instance of this happening, and thought it should at least be
documented.

Regards,
Grant