Re: pgadmin3+Fedora Core 2 status report - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject Re: pgadmin3+Fedora Core 2 status report
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> Raphaël Enrici wrote:
>
>> Diego A. Gil wrote:
>>
>>> Here is my config.log.
>>>
>>> Diego.
>>>
>>> El mar, 07-09-2004 a las 14:16, Raphaël Enrici escribió:
>>> It was created by pgadmin3 configure 1.1.0, which was
>>> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.57.  Invocation command line was
>>>
>>>   $ ./configure --enable-static --enable-debug
>>> --with-wx-config=/usr/local/bin/wx-config-2.5
>>>
>>> configure:4918: checking for wxWindows
>>> configure:4935: result: yes
>>> configure:4961: error: Could not find /usr/local/bin/wx-config-2.5
>>>

>> Can you retry with the following configure line and tell us if it
>> works better ?
>> ../configure --enable-static --enable-debug  --with-wx=/usr/local
>> --with-wx-config=wx-config-2.5
>

> Please also make sure that wx-config-2.5 is a real file and not a
> symlink...
> For the rest of the build you should also make sure you enabled unicode
> (which is not the case of Devrim if I believe the filenames I saw in his
> previous mail).

bad news for debian too.
For all my debian builds I use a wxWid package I made which installs
files in /usr (not /usr/local) and I must say that since this new
snapshot, everything is broken. pgAdmin3 configure script is currently
unable to detect my configuration correctly.
I may try a more simple way of building the stuff by installing
wxWidgets files in a separate place but I think it won't help us when
one day Ron will have a package uploaded to experimental with all its
stuf in /usr.

So, unless I'm totally tired (and I must say, I am... ;p) it seems we
have quite some stuff to work on before releasing this beta.

I'll send feedbacks on the list asap.

Regards,
Raphaël
P.S. The good news is that the wx snap builds ok with gcc 3.3.x