Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
Date
Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-03-02 at 09:13 -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'd like to open up this discussion again so that we can
> move forward. I prefer the GUC as it is relatively simple and as
> Peter mentioned it works, but I'm not married to the idea.

It's not very friendly to extensions, where the types are not
guaranteed to have stable OIDs. Did you consider any proposals that
work with type names?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis