Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Back on track -- 8.0 Press Release
Date
8.0 Press Release, Draft Two
List pgsql-advocacy
josh@bitbuckets.com wrote:
> August 24, 2004 - The PostgreSQL Global Development group today announced
> the availability of the landmark 8.0 version of the PostgreSQL database.

We should probably use "PostgreSQL ORDBMS" rather than "PostgreSQL
database" (it might be worth spelling out the acronym, not sure).

> PostgreSQL, created in 1986 by UC Berkeley, is the enterprise-ready database
> that is the collective work of over 200 developers.

This suggests that (only) 200 people have contributed to PostgreSQL
since 1986 -- I think you mean to say that 200 people contributed to
8.0, right?

Also, it might be worth mentioning some formulation of "PostgreSQL, the
most advanced open-source database". Repetition, repetition, repetition :)

> Operability with Windows:

AFAIK "operability" is not a word. How about "Native Windows support",
"Complete support for Windows", or "Much improved Windows support"?

> Savepoints:  Savepoints allow specific parts of a transaction to be aborted
> without affecting the whole transaction.  This feature is valuable for
> application developers who require error recovery within complex
> transactions.

Should we mention that FJ contributed some funding for this feature?

-Neil