Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Amazon RDS auth tokens in .pgpass
Date
List pgsql-admin
> My memory might be faulty, but I've got some specific recollection of
> people complaining about this before and the community response being
> "who would ever need such very long things?!"

Yeah, so I guessed wrong ;-).  Never too late to absorb new facts though.

That thread does point out that passwordFromFile() is far from the
only place that assumes passwords aren't going to be longer than
what would be sane to enter manually.  I wonder whether we need to
worry about the other bottlenecks.

            regards, tom lane