Re: [BUGS] 8.0.0beta1: -lpthread missing - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Martin Münstermann
Subject Re: [BUGS] 8.0.0beta1: -lpthread missing
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, I found the cause. I forgot to run autoconf after the
> config/acx_pthread.m4 updated.  I just did so.  Please retest.  Thanks.

Ok, I did an cvs update and rerun configure.
Now it gives me an error:

[...]
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... yes
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... yes
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... yes
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... yes
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... yes
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... unknown
configure: WARNING: we do not know how to create joinable pthreads

[Oooops.]

checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for cc_r... gcc
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for strerror_r... no
checking for getpwuid_r... no
checking for gethostbyname_r... no
checking whether getpwuid_r takes a fifth argument... no
checking whether strerror_r returns int... no
[...]
checking thread safety of required library functions... no
configure: error:
*** Thread test program failed.  Your platform is not thread-safe.
*** Check the file 'config.log'for the exact reason.
***
*** You can use the configure option --enable-thread-safety-force
*** to force threads to be enabled.  However, you must then run
*** the program in src/tools/thread and add locking function calls
*** to your applications to guarantee thread safety.

Bruce, I will send you my config.log privately.

Regards,
  Martin