Re: Replication: Slony-I vs. Mammoth Replicator vs. ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Replication: Slony-I vs. Mammoth Replicator vs. ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 8/14/2004 12:22 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I hope you understand that I, in no way have ever suggested (purposely)
> anything negative about Slony. Only that I believe they serve different
> technical solutions.

You know I never took anything you said negative. I think People here
need to know that we two have communicated and collaborated outside of
the public mailing lists, that we still do it and that we do not
consider each other as opponents. There is a natural overlap in the
systems we offer and therefore there is some competition. Software
development is a sport. For some professionals this sport happens to be
the main source of income. But that shall not spoil the spirit here.

Jan