Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/12/2004 2:29 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> Seems an awful lot of focus on Afilias/Fujitsu, no?  Is it a PR about us,
>> or them? :( If we are going to highlight contributors, Redhat (all of
>> Tom's time, which is a *major* contribution) and CommandPrompt (pl/PHP)
>> should be in there, among others I know I'm overlooking ...
>
> Probably.   I guess what I'm fishing for is a paragraph on expanded corporate
> contributions to PostgreSQL, regardless of from whom they came.  Afilias and
> FJ are easier because they're tied to specific contributions, whereas RH is
> propping up our spiritual leader.  CMD, of course, would show up in a mention
> of PL/perlNG.

I would like to see CMD mentioned in connection with Mammoth Replicator
as well. Yes, it is a closed source commercial add on, but still it is
something that apparently attracts customers who otherwise would have
had trouble making the decision pro-PostgreSQL. After all, this use of
PostgreSQL is one of the best reasons for the BSD license.

Jan