Re: 8.0 Release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: 8.0 Release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> I just noticed that we support NT4 according to the draft release notes
> at http://developer.postgresql.org/beta-history.txt. In actual fact, it
> probably won't work well as Andreas' tablespace/symlink code uses
> junction points which are not available on NT4,

There's still a chance it works because later service packs (SP4 and up,
al NT4 machines will have that because SP4 fixed Y2K issues) include an
updated NTFS driver, compatible to W2K.  The worst thing to happen is a
"invalid control code" message from the api call, which is non-W2K specific.

Regards,
Andreas