Re: Add parameter jit_warn_above_fraction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add parameter jit_warn_above_fraction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 10:42:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, good luck with "looking in the logs", because by default
>> WARNING-level messages don't go to the postmaster log.

> I must be missing something because by default log_min_messages is WARNING, and
> AFAICS I do get WARNING-level messages in some vanilla cluster logs, using
> vanilla .psqlrc.

Ah, sorry, I was looking at the wrong thing namely
log_min_error_statement.  The point still holds though: if we emit this
at level WARNING, what will get logged is just the bare message and not
the statement that triggered it.  How useful do you think that will be?