Re: What happens between end of explain analyze and end of query execution ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What happens between end of explain analyze and end of query execution ?
Date
Re: What happens between end of explain analyze and end of query execution ?  (Franck Routier <franck.routier@axege.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Franck Routier <franck.routier@axege.com> writes:
> Le 04/04/2013 21:08, Tom Lane a �crit :
>> Hmph.  Can't see any reason for that to take a remarkably long time to
>> plan.  Can you put together a self-contained test case demonstrating
>> excessive planning time?  What PG version is this, anyway?

> What I notice is that removing joins has a huge impact on the time
> explain takes to return:

Hm, kind of looks like it's just taking an unreasonable amount of time
to process each join clause.  What have you got the statistics targets
set to in this database?  What are the datatypes of the join columns?
And (again) what PG version is this exactly?

            regards, tom lane