Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?  (henk de wit, )
 Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?  (henk de wit, )

henk de wit <> writes:
> I still have some work to do to find out why dumping in the custom
> format is so much slower.

Offhand the only reason I can see for it to be much different from
plain-text output is that -Fc compresses by default.  If you don't
care about that, try -Fc -Z0.

            regards, tom lane