Triggers on TRUNCATE? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Baldoni
Subject Triggers on TRUNCATE?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
G'day folks,

Forgive this if it's totally "out there" but I was wondering why there's no
support for triggers on a TRUNCATE operation.  I note that a COPY IN fires
an INSERT trigger (if defined).

The only real use I can see for a TRUNCATE trigger would be for automatic
audit trail generation - I usually have all operations on "core" tables
audited.

FYI, I'm using 7.4.3.

As always, thanks for your time.  Ciao.

--
Daniel Baldoni BAppSc, PGradDipCompSci                 |  Technical Director