Re: [HACKERS] Function to kill backend - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Function to kill backend
Date
List pgsql-patches
> The first time I used it was for precisely this reason - some buggy PHP code opened hundreds of connections to a dev
serverwhich then remained open doing nothing except wasting resources. It was particularly useful in that case as I
didn'thave access to the web server at the time.

> Shortly afterwards I added support to pgAdmin's server status tool which has proven quite handy (although I will
admit,mainly for canceling ather than terminating).

Yeah, I've added the kill and cancel commands to phppgadmin.  I'm happy
if kill is removed though, i don't want my newbie users panicing their
machines.

phpmyadmin has both kill and cancel since they're sql commands in mysql.

Chris