Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date
Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant  ("Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> Per my own email?  Huh?  I'm against changing something that we've worked
>
>> 4 years on branding into ppl minds ...

Marc said:

If you are distributing Slony brochures, use the Slony elephant ... we
have an official logo, that is used *everywhere* ... in marketing, I
believe its called 'branding a product', and slipping in a different
logo, IMHO, only breeds a sense of confusion and incohesiveness as far
as the project is concerned ...

PostgreSQL Elephant != Slony Elephant != Mammoth Elephant

They are all different logos, for different products, and should be used
to advertise their respective products, not a different one altogether ...

That says to me that you don't want confusion between products,
commercial entities etc... with the community.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664