seeing tables across databases - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jodi Kanter
Subject seeing tables across databases
Date
List pgsql-admin
I am working with a colleague who is using postgres to create a number of databases. On his system when he views his tables (\d) he can see tables from other databases - not all of them but some. He cannot access them as the user he is signed in as because he does not have privileges, but he can see them. When he dropped that database and then recreated it (without making tables) he could then only see those few tables from the other database.
I had him run a revoke all on public first but that did not correct it. Strangly enough he cannot see many of the other tables from other databases.
I have several databases on my system and do not have this problem. Is there some setting that I am not aware of that could explain this situation? thoughts?
Thanks
Jodi Kanter
--

Jodi L Kanter