Re: Recovery Features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: Recovery Features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 22:30, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> ...Nobody is shouting YES, so its a dodo...

I can imagine a scenario where the junior DBA accidentally deletes
all rows from some obscure table that wouldn't have logical
implications for later transactions. But I suspect most people would
perform recovery in a separate instance, and just hand-dump/restore
the table in question. The point at which the above process becomes
too complex (or less than obvious) for hand-recovery is precisely
when unforeseen consequences of nixing a single transaction become
too great.

IMHO,

Mike Mascari