Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>>> Well, if we add them (and they would be very useful I reckon) should
>>> we ensure there's an obvious PG naming thing happening?
>
> Why are they useful???? If you want PG specific stuff then use the PG
> specific catalogs!!!

My take on this is that it's a LOT easier for people who don't know the
internals of the PG catalogs to be able to query the information schema,
as in the information schema things are generally explicitly named.

Much easier for non-experts, which most people don't want to have to
invest the time in becoming.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift