Re: why no answer? [Fwd: backup and restore just with use - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zuhans@iname.com
Subject Re: why no answer? [Fwd: backup and restore just with use
Date
List pgsql-general
hello,

thank you for your short - but informative - answers!
i don't know why this very very important thing isn't implemented by the jdbc (and other...) driver. it shouldn't only be managable by those sitting in front of the machine but also via my program to handle some critical situation in the way i want it to be done (and if i hoste my webapp somewhere in another continent, i won't be able to sit in front of the servers console-screen).

to recode pg_dump is far off my time and (maybe) skills. why isn't it implemented for easier access?

greetings
hans

Chris Browne schrieb:
zuhans@iname.com ("zuhans@iname.com") writes:
is there a way to do backup and restore just with the use of jdbc?
You could presumably reimplement pg_dump in Java; that seems redundant
in view of the fact that pg_dump is already implemented in C.