Re: pg_ctl vs. Windows locking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_ctl vs. Windows locking
Date
Re: pg_ctl vs. Windows locking  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>When I was watching it in the Task Manager, it was observable that the
>>postmaster exited before some of the other backend processes, by up to a
>>second or two.
>>

>The stats collector processes normally don't shut down until they
>observe postmaster exit (and I think in CVS tip there's an
>up-to-one-second delay before they'll even look).  Everything else
>should be gone first though.

I assumed it was them. Can't tell in Task Manager, that I can see - all
you get is the image name :-(

Sounds like a 2 second sleep should do the trick. Will test later.

Maybe we should do it everywhere, not just Windows, to ensure that we
don't get nasty interleaving on the log file?

cheers

andrew