Re: replication/mirror - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Radu-Adrian Popescu
Subject Re: replication/mirror
Date
List pgsql-admin
darshan patel wrote:
> I had install postgresql server on two different port : default(5432)
> and other(5545), now I have to setup replication/mirror between them So
> what are the steps/setup procedure.

Hello Darshan!

I'm not sure you realise this, but it's common sense (not to mention polite) to
use words such as "hello", "please", "thank you", "bye", "regards" and the like.
These people have no obligation to answer your questions; on the other hand
you're in need for help and being polite, asking instead of demanding is basic
courtesy.

The way you ask your questions is the way people see you. And the way you asked
this one depicts a rude or at least impolite person, that barely deserves and
answer.

Manners aside, your question also is faulty because it gives the impression that
you've not taken any steps on your own towards implementing replication, like
reading about replication solutions for postgresql or even trying to set up one
on your own. I'm not saying you didn't do that, just that your question not only
does not show this, but suggests quite the opposite.

Do check out the "How to ask questions the smart way" document at

Regards,
--
Radu-Adrian Popescu
CSA, DBA, Developer