Re: have you seen this? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: have you seen this?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Martin Marques wrote:

> El Sáb 22 May 2004 20:00, Robert Bernier escribió:
>> http://det-dbalice.if.pw.edu.pl/det-dbalice/ttraczyk/db_compare/db_compare.
>>html
>
> I don't know when they wrote this but...:
>

> Subqueries in FROM clause
>
>  Possibility of using subquery (nested query) in FROM clause of SQL query.
>
> MySQL:
> No. Will be added in next versions.
>
> Oracle8:
> Yes.
>
> Postgres:
> No. The feature will be supported from version 7.1.
>

> When was 7.1 released? 2001?

Yeah, and funny enough, it's still "to be" included in the next version
of MySQL ... and what they have so far for 4.1 (in the 4.1.1 Alpha) is
one implementation of subselects for the FROM clause and apparently
another one for the WHERE clase (this is an assumption based on the fact
that subselects support different language features if they are in the
FROM clause or the WHERE clause). Fortunately I don't have to maintain
any of that code.

Jan