Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options - summary - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options - summary
Date
List pgsql-admin
I would recommend trying out several stripe sizes, and making your own
measurements.

A while ago I was involved in building a data warehouse system (Oracle,
DB2) and after several file and db benchmark exercises we used 256K
stripes, as these gave the best overall performance results for both
systems.

I am not saying "1M is wrong", but I am saying "1M may not be right" :-)

regards

Mark