Re: Run-as-admin warning for win32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: Run-as-admin warning for win32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Thomas Hallgren wrote:

>http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/b/8/1b8fc001-6f67-4ea1-b0f2-8add1da8cbc0/_Toc42414596

Link does not work.

>Exerpt:
>
>Unfortunately, these permissions are also the same permissions that allow
>power users to:
>  ? Introduce Trojan horses that, if executed by administrators or
>    other users, can compromise system and data security
>  ? Make system-wide operating system and application changes
>    that affect other users of the system
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Thomas Hallgren

<rant>
That pathetic thing called "Windows security" is getting to me. It is
close to impossible to create a "user", and once created, this user will
not be capable of actually doing anything.

Very flexible, very granular permissions system result in making it
impossible for someone, us in this case, to find out whether we are
over-priveleged.

Well meaning, but horrible system, with even more horrible results.
</rant>

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh