Re: Why will vacuum not end? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Why will vacuum not end?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Shea,Dan [CIS] wrote:
> No, but data is constantly being inserted by userid scores.  It is postgres
> runnimg the vacuum.
> Dan.

This may be a dumb question (but only because I don't know the answer)

Doesn't/shouldn't vacuum have some kind of timeout so if a table is locked
it will give up eventually (loudly complaining when it does so)?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies