Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On a pragmatic note, if this does turn out to be a problem, it's a
> bug: and we can and do fix bugs whenever we discover them.  But the
> other part of this patch - to speed up createdb - is a feature - and
> we are very rapidly running out of time for 9.0 features.  So I'd like
> to vote for getting the feature part of this committed (assuming it's
> in good shape, of course) and we can continue to investigate the other
> issues but without quite as much urgency.

No problem, I already committed the part that overlaps so I can commit
the rest now. I just want to take extra care given how much wine I've
already had tonight...

Incidentally, sorry Andres, I forgot to credit you in the first commit.
--
greg