Re: Linux LSB init script - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Linux LSB init script
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Kevin
Grittner<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> # Copyright (c) 2006 SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany.
> # All rights reserved.
>
> and that I would be violating that copyright by copying it to
> PostgreSQL.  Am I wrong?

The above is just a statement of fact. It doesn't change the legal
status (well not much). What you need to know is what license SUSE has
granted. I would expect it to be either GPL or BSD but I don't really
know SUSE.

If it's BSD or anything more liberal it's fine.  If it was GPL it
would be legally fine but it's against our policy because we want to
keep the whole package covered by BSD restrictions at most.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf