Re: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Michel SALAIS" <msalais@msym.fr> writes:
> I thaught that total_time (total_exec_time + total_plan_time) included I/O but when we have blk_read_time +
blk_write_time equals several times total_time it is difficult to continue to think that...

That's an interesting report, but on the whole I'd be more inclined
to disbelieve the I/O timings than the overall time.  Can you create
a reproducible test case where this happens?  Also, exactly what
PG version and pg_stat_statements version are you using?

            regards, tom lane