pg_ctl porting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Ronald Kuczek
Subject pg_ctl porting
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi all,

I have skeleton from Claudio and  Keith Woodell.
Idea to start postmaster as new console thread is - IMO all except
productive solution.
Postgres is running as service - quasi-service (the same thing you can
realize with M$ srvany).
My suggestion is - to add to postmaster Win32 service features.
Start,stop,pause, restart, eventlog,service manager etc.
For debugging purposes - developer can start postmaster in console like
any application.
If you want I can continue Claudio's work and complete pg_ctl, my
opinion you know.
Reload can be handled on Pause/ResumeService.
Please tell me your choice, I'll realize it.

Best regards
Rony