Re: Images in Database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Reshat Sabiq
Subject Re: Images in Database
Date
List pgsql-novice
I think unless the DB provides some image-searching capabilities, it's better to store them as paths to save the space. A lot of storage will be wasted otherwise. Isn't that so?
--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

Aarni Ruuhimäki wrote:
Hi,

Possible, and this is called BLOB data type. Binary large object.

Some people use it with the possible cost in db size, the images as data in
the db.

Some prefer to store images as paths ie. text instead.

BR,

Aarni