Re: Tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry wrote:
>>Is it possible to put WALs and CLOGs into different tablespaces? (maybe
>>different RAID systems). Some companies want that ...
>

> I wasn't going to look at that just yet.
>
> There is of course the temporary hack of symlinking WAL else where.

that's what we do now.
we symlink databases and wals ...

> I'd be interested to see the performance difference between WAL and data
> on the same RAID/controller and WAL and data on different RAID/controller
> with Jan's improvements to the buffer management.
>
> Gavin

yes, that's what i am looking for. i should do some testing.

in case of enough i/o power additional cpus scale almost linearily
(depending on the application of course; i have done some testing on a
customer's aix box ...).
it would be interesting to see what jan's buffer strategy does (and bg
writer) ...

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria