Re: [GENERAL] select statement against pg_stats returns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: [GENERAL] select statement against pg_stats returns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Why?  You can reconstruct it with a simple "ANALYZE" command.  Dumping
> and restoring would mean nailing down cross-version assumptions about
> what it contains, which doesn't seem real forward-looking...

I seem to recall that people like that kind of thing so that the dump is
really the current state of the database.

Also, I believe big db's like DB2 and Oracle do such a thing.

I just recall it being discussed some time ago...

Chris