Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Heads up: 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 coming soon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> The core committee has agreed that it's about time to put out new
> dot-releases in both the 7.3 and 7.4 branches.  (The main thing forcing
> this is the realization that permissions checks on view updates were
> pretty badly broken by the now-reverted patch of 13-Feb-03 --- this
> could be labeled a security issue.)
>
> We have not chosen an exact date yet, but we are thinking of 7.3.6 late
> this week or early next week, and 7.4.2 a week later.
>
> So, if you've got any fixes you wanted to get into those branches,
> time to get on it.  I know that I discouraged a couple of people from
> back-patching into 7.3.* on the grounds that "there probably won't be
> another 7.3 release" ... well, I was wrong, so do it if you want.

Do you think that we'll have too a RPM binary distribution for the 7.3.6
( the 7.3.5 don't have it yet ) ?

We are stick on the 7.3.4 just because the guys on the operational side
install only precompiled pachage :-(

Regards
Gaetano Mendola