Re: BUG #14416: checkpoints never completed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14416: checkpoints never completed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jdnelson@dyn.com writes:
> We encountered a problem where checkpoints appeared to queue up and never
> finish.
> 01:08:27 the system clock was synchronized. It was behind by about one
> hour.

I wonder if this is a problem similar to the autovacuum issue we fixed
in da1a9d0f5, ie perhaps moving the system clock setting confuses the
checkpoint timing logic.

What checkpoint-related settings are you using?  Can you be more specific
about the system clock change?

            regards, tom lane