Re: PostgreSQL on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
John Small wrote:

> I want to use PostgreSQL on a project that will have to run on
> both Linux and Windows.  But using cygwin is not a viable option.
>
> Does the dbExpert version of PostgreSQL run natively under Windows?

Last time I checked the dbExperts version was the cygwin port, bundled
with a stripped down and renamed cygwin library (something like dbx.dll
or so containting tons and tons of cygwin symbols).

NuSphere just presented a new release of UltraSQL, which I have heard
(but not confirmed it myself yet) is still a PostgreSQL 7.2.1
underneath. I would have expected a new release to be at least based on
7.2.4.

I hope Bruce Momjian can add some information about the other Win32
activities we are aware of.

Jan