Re: PostgreSQL License - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PostgreSQL License
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Rawnsley wrote:
> Nope. PostgreSQL is BSD licensed.

BSD basically means "If you find someone who is willing to pay you money
for this, congratulations. But don't expect us to take responsibility
for it and don't try to sue us for whatever happened".

Jan

> On Feb 10, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Artemy wrote:
>
>> What about the PostgreSQL License. If I use the database for the
>> commercial purpose, Do
>> I have to purchase the license?.
>>
>> P.S. For example MySQL Databse have the commercial license for that.

P.P.S. BSE is Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, also known as Mad Cow
Disease. Even if MySQL has a few features that might be described this
way, we do not appreciate this sort of MySQL-bashing on our
mailinglists, okay?