Re: Vacuum Delay feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Vacuum Delay feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Jan Wieck wrote:
>> Attached is a corrected version that solves the query cancel problem by
>> not napping any more and going full speed as soon as any signal is
>> pending. If nobody objects, I'm going to commit this tomorrow.
>
> Jan, three questions.  First, is this useful now that we have the new
> cache replacement code, second, do we need this many parameters (can't
> any of them be autotuned), and third, what about documentation?

You mean if stopping to nap is useful when a signal is pending or if
napping during vacuum itself is useful at all?

I am willing to make it all self tuning and automagic. Just tell me how.

Documentation is missing so far. Will work on that.

Jan