Re: win32 inode fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: win32 inode fix
Date
List pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Neil Conway wrote:
>

>>Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>>

>>>In reading the patch, it seems he is only doing "zero equals
>>>unknown" on Win32, so I think we are fine.
>>>

>>That's what I was trying to avoid: where possible, we shouldn't
>>introduce platform-dependent #ifdefs IMHO.
>>

>But the platform doesn't give us what we want so I don't see why we
>should weaken other platforms just for consistency.

Surely the operative words are "where possible". Looks like this is one
case where it is not reasonably possible. I don't think we will ever be
totally rid of them. I tried quite hard to keep them to a minimum in
initdb, but eliminating them was not really an option.

cheers

andrew