Re: psql Feature request \set query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: psql Feature request \set query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23 okt 2008, at 00.48, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>
wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Hackers,
>>
>> Just had a feature request from Wheeler, and I don't see why it
>> shouldn't
>> go on our todo list.
>
> I think you're asking for more scriptability in psql.  Personally I
> think that would be a great idea, but we need a lot more than what's
> being proposed here.  We'll also need loops, conditionals, etc.  We've
> had patches for those submitted over the years, but one at a time they
> are easily rejected because they're so

If you want full scripting, look at pgscript, one of this summers gsoc
projects. It'll ship in the next pgadmin and is also available as a
standalone executable.

/Magnus