Re: session persistent data for plperl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: session persistent data for plperl
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Adnrew,

Jsoh :-)

>You want to really make PL/Perl more useful?   Add an SPI interface, and work
>out the kinks in error-trapping via eval{}.  This would be far more useful
>that session variables.
>
>Just a thought.

I don't intend to stop there. I admit that the gain in value from my
patch is limited, but I think it is greater than 0, and for a 2 line
change a cheap win.

When I have bedded down some other things I am working on (e.g. logging
enhancements, dollar quoting) I intend to look further at some of the
Perl issues, both on the server side and the client side. As a longtime
and fond Perl user, I don't like seeing Perl as the poor cousin PL in
our community.

cheers

andrew