Re: RFC: Very large scale postgres support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: RFC: Very large scale postgres support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alex J. Avriette wrote:

>I feel that it would be a very good thing if some thinking on this
>subject was done. In the future, people will hopefully begin using
>postgres for more intense applications. We are looking at perhaps many
>tens of billions of transactions per day within the next year or two.

tens of billions =10e10 per day? This is probably a typo, because this
would mean > 100,000 requests per second? Do you want to feed a monitor
with pixel data right from the database, using individual queries for
each pixel? Or record each irc user's keyclick in the world concurrently
online in a single database?

Regards,
Andreas