Re: error creating sql function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: error creating sql function
Date
List pgsql-general
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> I was trying to create a sql function today (see below) using
> postgresql  7.3.3.  I don't see how to get around this error, anyone
> have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Matthew
>
> tocr=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.update_dncl(bpchar, bpchar)
> tocr-#   RETURNS void AS
> tocr-# '
> tocr'# begin;
> tocr'# update area_codes
> tocr'#   set last_updated = now()
> tocr'#     where code = $1;
> tocr'# DELETE from do_not_call_list
> tocr'#   where area_code = $1;
> tocr'# copy do_not_call_list (area_code, number) from $2 with delimiter
> as \',\';
> tocr'# commit;
> tocr'# '
> tocr-#   LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$2" at character 178
> tocr=# COMMENT ON FUNCTION public.update_dncl(bpchar, bpchar) IS 'Will
> be used to update an area code in the  DNCL tables.';
> COMMENT

Quick reply ... I haven't tested this, and it's only a theory, so treat
it as such.

The copy command should have '' around the filename, so possibly:
copy do_not_call_list (area_code, number) from ''$2'' with delimiter as \',\';

... would work?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies