embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Garamond
Subject embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Bowden wrote:
> For ease of configuration and other reasons, I would like for my
> single-user GUI app to be able to use postgresql in-process as a library
> accessing a database created in the users home directory.  I think I
> could possibly get what I want by launching a captive copy of postmaster
> with appropriate args but it seems conceptually cleaner to not have a
> seperate process at all.  Has anyone tried to do anything like this?

[Sorry for not actually answering this question]

I believe the demands for embedded/"serverless" version of PostgreSQL to
increase significantly once PostgreSQL is natively available on Windows.
So I would expect that official embedded support to follow quite shortly
after win32 port has stabilized. :-)

--
dave